Our vision is to inspire our community through accessible dance education and engaging performances. We truly believe that dance is for everyone and that art can foster community, create positive influence, and inspire the individual.
The Children’s Ballet is located in downtown Danville at 51 South Tennessee Street, close to the Danville Public Library. Ample parking is available in a lot across Tennessee street. There is limited parking behind the studio and on Tennessee street.
Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions Page or Contact Us for more information.
A safe and positive studio environment is best for teaching, learning and having fun – and is essential to our success.
- Listen carefully and follow directions.
- Be polite and encouraging to your classmates. Dance requires teamwork!
- Respect your classmates and teachers in your words and actions.
- Thank your teachers at the end of class.
Parents are expected to support their child’s dance education. We expect our students to use the bathroom before coming to class, arrive on time for their classes with proper, clean attire and hair supplies, be rested, in good health, with nutritional support before aerobic work (i.e. not hungry because they did not get a snack after school).
We have found that the biggest stress students feel is arriving late to class. Parents can help alleviate this fear by allowing extra time to navigate traffic and parking.
Dancers are welcome in the studio dressing room 10-15 minutes before class. Please try to be prompt when picking up your dancer from class.
Protecting the health and safety of our students, their families, and our staff is our top priority.
Health and Safety Guidelines
- We’ve made some updates to our HVAC system, and added a new Carrier OptiClean Air Scrubber that will clean the air and promote a healthy indoor environment. We are very thankful to have this in addition to our enhanced cleaning procedures.
- Colored markers on the floor will be used for spacing dancers.
- All barres and bathroom surfaces are disinfected after each class.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance to the studio.
For the safety of everyone, it is important that families screen their children before sending them to dance class and keep them home if they are ill or have a fever. A good rule of thumb is to keep children (who attend school) home from dance class if they were home from school.
Students and staff are required to be fever-free for 72 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication before returning to the studio.
Reporting COVID-19 positive tests: All students and staff are asked to report a positive COVID-19 test to The Children’s Ballet immediately. When the school receives notice of a confirmed COVID-19 case, we will contact the Hendricks County Health Department for updated guidance and follow their recommendations. The Children’s Ballet will also notify families of a positive COVID-19 case within the student body or teaching staff. For COVID-19 symptom details, please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html.
All policies are subject to change.